Meals for Justice and Peace: Jai Jagat 2020 UK
Jai Jagat 2020 UK is working with Dr Birgit Kehrer, Director of Change Kitchen to offer quality training in vegan cooking and vegan catering. We can provide educational workshops about the contribution that veganism can bring to our diet and reduce our reliance on meat and dairy; can aid our health and well-being and assist in the diversification of farming on our land.
Jai Jagat 2020 UK is looking to engage more people in lifestyle choices to create positive change through selecting a plant-based diet and sharing food with communities at their dining tables.
We invite you to have conversations with those who do not yet know that the global contribution of animal farming to GHG emissions is agreed to be 14.5% – more than emissions from all transport combined.
Read the reports identified under the Resources list for further information: Grow Green Solutions for the farm of the future and Our Future in the Land
As an example of how to create a Vegan cooking event: we worked with THE REAL JUNK FOOD PROJECT BIRMINGHAM to prepare and serve a meal for 50 people in Ladywood Community Centre.
Project Leader, Ann Gallagher said: “We are keen to work in partnership with others and develop new skills in this way”.
We suggest you do the following:
- Select a vegan recipe and bring a group of people together to help you make it
- Prepare the meal with love and add a few ingredients and people to the mix so that you create a community of support for the effort of trying something new and worthwhile
- Share and present the meal with and for others that may not yet have tried vegan platters….and then have a discussion as to why eating this way might help reduce our reliance on meat and dairy products
- Take a picture, upload it onto our facebook/ twitter feed and let us know whether you can help fundraise for our Jai Jagat 2020 UK campaign as we walk to Geneva in September 2020.
- Invite Change Kitchen (partner with Jai Jagat 2020UK to cater for your event:
- Check out vegan recipes and overview of vegan nutrition on:
- Climate Emergency Reports & links of sustainable food and production:
- Download report: Grow Green Solutions for the farm of the future:
- Download report: Our Future in the Land (Food Farming & Countryside Commission)