How To Donate
While you previously may have considered supporting one of the 50 walkers on Jai Jagat 2020, we would now like to ask that you take some time to consider the situation in India. A country of about 1.37 billion, community organisations are coming forward to make a difference. The Indian walkers that returned from Armenia are now part of an emergency response team, as Ekta Parishad the organiser of Jai Jagat 2020, works tirelessly to assist in the 10 states where they have a presence. They are striving to provide and organise:
- Information sharing and updates through mobiles and whatsapp
- Food & Grain distribution:
- Mask distribution
- Hand wash awareness and materials distribution.
- Monitoring and assisting in compliance of government order.
- Identification of migrant labour and provide assistance in and outside of the state
- Shelter and food for migrant labour who are returning by foot to their village from cities and other states
- Ensuring transport facilities from Government and Private for safe returning of migrant labour
- Link with Medical check-up and quarantine of migrant labour
- Ensuring people to get government assistance packages
If you feel you can make a donation, no matter how small, please CLICK HERE. While you may be providing help for a small number of people, you may be playing a part in preventing a huge scale disaster.Thank you.
You can continue to support the Jai Jagat 2020 UK programme by attending our online events during this time of the COVID-19 crisis. Once the restrictions are lifted, we will be happy to visit your school, community group or online event. We can deliver training or creative workshops on the JJ2020 campaign or Climate Action and provide vegan catering and cooking ideas to inform your dietary choices. We continue to plan for a time when we can all walk together.